I was back up at the cottage this weekend and went into Magnetawan to go to the Farmer’s Market. It is crazy how quickly the land where the General Store once stood was cleaned up. The ground has been totally levelled off. On Saturday morning people were still sifting through the rubble of the Magnetawan Inn with shovels and gloved hands. My heart still sank when I saw the damage. You could see the shock and disbelief on the people’s faces seeing it for the first time.
It is refreshing to visit the Downtown Magnetawan Facebook page and to see everyone’s lovely comments and memories that they are sharing. It warms my heart to see how everyone has band together to help. I hope that the families affected by the fire will be able to rebuild and we will be able to fill these new buildings with all these lovely memories.